Stay in one of the 14 individual, sumptuous eclectic bedrooms and suites; maybe a carved four-poster bed; an open fire; a freestanding bath at the foot of the bed with room for two; a roll top bath; a mermaid mosaic; a cow hide or two; antiques and art; contemporary cool; original period features; a huge private decked balcony or a cinema screen. The hotel is a blend of comfort with beautiful things collected and loved over the years by owners Les & Vanessa Scott. An environment that is glamorous, yet we hope will put people immediately at ease. New Year 2017/18 at Strattons Relax, un-wind and one last hurrah before 2018 begins! Our two night packages starts from £780 for 2 adults sharing dinner, bed and breakfast with a special New Year’s Eve dinner and dancing, click here for more information or call our reception team on 01760 723845.
Choose your room
At Strattons we love welcoming families with youngsters of all ages and we offer a friendly atmosphere in stylish and unique surroundings with great food. We have an extensive in house library of DVDs, including a selection of family films which can be borrowed during your stay with us. There is also a small selection of games, books and toys in our lounges for all to enjoy. There are high chairs in both our cafe deli and restaurant. Our lounges house 2 friendly resident cats and our small team of staff are always on hand to help should you require any suggestions on things to do or places to visit. Babies are free when not requiring a cot or £10 per night with the hire of a travel cot. Children requiring a z bed will be charged at £25 per night including breakfast, or £45 per night with the use of a single bed (only applicable to Print room One) and £25 per person when using a sofa bed. Many of our rooms are suitable for different combinations so please contact our reception team for advice on booking. We must be advised at the time of booknig to ensure your room is suitable for extra beds. If you are looking for a lighter and more casual meal with your children late afternoon, then our Cafe deli CoCoes is perfect, offering a fantastic selection of delicious dishes for all to enjoy, open daily until 5pm. The café has daily changing hot and cold dishes; made with seasonal and local ingredients; organic wherever possible. Children are also welcome from 6.30pm in the hotel restaurant, where most dishes on our seasonal menu can be offered as child’s portions and will be priced accordingly. We also offer a special childrens menu, some dishes may require 24 hours notice. Please note over peak nights such as Valentines and New Year’s Eve there will be no reduced portion prices or children’s menu available, only the standard menu for that night.
Strattons is a dog friendly hotel located in an ideal area for walking. There are 3 dog friendly rooms; CoCoes One, CoCoes Two and Print room One. All have their own front door, located opposite the main hotel for ease. Please advise us at the time of booking to ensure you are in a suitable room as we cannot accommodate dogs in any other rooms. There is a supplement of £10 per day for each dog. We have two resident cats who live outside and in the lounges and we would ask that you keep your dog on a lead if they are not cat tolerant! Your room will be supplied with food and water bowls, along with poop bags to make lighter packing. We have created a range of maps if you are a keen walker, varying from shorter routes to longer distances, depending on your mood, just ask at reception. For a quick walk after dinner or early morning you can pop over to the Camping land meadow located beyond Swaffham Church, just to the left as you are walking into the town. If you would like us to order any fresh meat or bones from the local butchers ready for your arrival please let us know. Our rooms all have their own fridges for you to store any pet foods. Swaffham also has a great pet shop if you have forgotten anything. Click here to download a booklet of walks from the hotel.
Business guests are very much welcome at Strattons. We understand the nature of travelling on business and being away from home and have created a friendly home-from-home environment for all guests. Strattons offers a special midweek single occupancy rate for business guests from £92 – £122 per night inclusive of bed & breakfast and VAT. Single occupancy is available in all of our 14 bedrooms and suites (please note however that specific rooms cannot be guaranteed unless paying the standard hotel rates). Hotel services…
- Breakfast from 7.30am
- On-site free parking
- On-site cafe deli, great eat in or take-away breakfast, morning coffee & cake, lunch or early tea (fully licensed)
- Guest lounges
- Free Wi-fi available in our lounges and bedrooms
- Made to order packed lunch boxes
- Shorter cancellation policy of 48 hours
- Bar service until 12am
- Evening restaurant from 6.30pm serving great food, enjoy one, two or three courses in the restaurant or as room service
- Great location for early morning or evening runs (Owner Les is happy to join you and show you the best routes)
We also offer unique meeting space options, please contact our reception team on 01760 723845 for more information or download the details here.
Perfect for a small, personal and bespoke wedding breakfast and overnight stay. At Strattons we offer an alternative to the large wedding. Be surrounded by your close friends and family, share great food and wine in peaceful; hip and funky surroundings.
- [accordionitem] There are 14 individual, sumptuous, and eclectic bedrooms; oozing cool contemporary style with originality. 7 double rooms and 7 suites and apartments. Strattons can accommodate up to 28 adults and 10 children sharing. [/accordionitem] [accordionitem] Although Strattons does not hold a wedding license there are some great venues close by, including Swaffham Town Hall & St Peter & Paul Church and the Assembly rooms in Swaffham. [/accordionitem] [accordionitem] Strattons 40 cover award winning chic restaurant serves organic and locally sourced produce in an innovative and exciting modern English style, fabulous cheeses from the British Isles complemented with wines from all over the world. [/accordionitem] [accordionitem] Strattons would suit a small string quartet; solo guitarist or an i-pod loaded with your favourite tunes. [/accordionitem] [accordionitem] Whatever your style, a fabulous bespoke cake, cupcakes or meringues by our Head Chef Jules. (Link to cakes on restaurant page) [/accordionitem] [accordionitem] We recommend Cape Amethyst which sits at the entrance to Strattons and is a local beauty salon offering fabulous treatments including manicures, pedicures, massages, waxing, eye lash extensions, spray tanning, male grooming and lots more. Call them directly for more information on 01760 722198 or visit their website. [/accordionitem]
The slick and spacious Print rooms, formally a printing workshop owned by local printing family the ‘Coes’, are two stylish one bedroom apartments complete with kitchen, dining area and lounge. Ideal for long stays and a great base to explore Norfolk, Self catering guests can still enjoy the use of the hotel’s restaurant and cafe deli.
|High Season||Low Season|
|Weekends 3 nights (arrival Thursday or Friday)||£559||£559|
|4 nights (arrival Monday)||£628||£500|
|7 nights (arrival Monday)||£1095||£700|
These rates are based on the specified arrival days, if you would like to check availability and price for a different arrival please contact reception 01760 723845. Dogs are charged at £15 for up to 3 nights or £25 for 4 or more nights. Additional beds are charged at £25 each for up to 3 nights or £50 each for 4 or more nights. Please note bank holidays are not included as low season and are charged at high season rates. For New Year and other peak holidays please contact reception for availability and prices. Download self catering terms and conditions. Find out more about our self catering accommodation: